top of page

We understand the threat of COVID-19 and we are doing our part to help minimize the spread of the virus.


Importing a Canadian Vehicle to Arizona!

Importing a car from Canada to Arizona will require you to follow a set of rules and regulations set by both Canadian and US authorities. Here are the general steps you will need to follow:

  • Check the eligibility requirements: You will need to make sure that your car is eligible for importation into the United States. This includes checking for any safety recalls, making sure the car complies with US safety and emissions standards, and obtaining any necessary import permits.

  • Obtain the necessary documents: You will need to gather a number of documents, including proof of ownership, a bill of sale, and a certificate of compliance with US safety and emissions standards.

  • Pay any applicable fees and taxes: You will need to pay any applicable import duties, taxes, and other fees to the US government. You may also need to pay fees to Canadian authorities for exporting the vehicle.

  • Transport the car to the United States: You will need to arrange for the car to be transported from Canada to the United States. This can be done by hiring a professional auto transport company, or by driving the car across the border yourself.

  • Clear customs: When the car arrives in the United States, you will need to clear customs by presenting the necessary documents and paying any applicable fees and taxes.

  • Register the car in Arizona: After the car has been imported and cleared customs, you will need to register it with the state of Arizona. This will require you to provide proof of ownership, pay any applicable fees, and obtain a state title and registration.

Overall, importing a car from Canada to Arizona can be a complex process, so it is important to do your research and be prepared to follow all of the necessary steps and requirements.

Required Documents

There are several documents that are required to import a vehicle from Canada into the United States. These documents include:

Proof of Ownership
This can be a bill of sale, registration certificate, or certificate of title from the Canadian province or

territory where the vehicle was purchased.

Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) Verification 

This document verifies the VIN of the vehicle to ensure that it matches the VIN on the vehicle's proof of ownership.

US Customs and Border Protection Form 7501

This form is used to declare the vehicle for entry into the United States and to pay any applicable duties

and taxes.

Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Form 3520-1

This form is used to certify that the vehicle meets the EPA's emission standards for import into the United States.

Department of Transportation (DOT) Form HS-7

This form is used to certify that the vehicle meets the DOT's safety standards for import into the

United States.

Friendly and helpful support when you need it.

PNG Logo.png

Our agents make it simple, smarter, and more rewarding when shopping for insurance!

bottom of page